FloorHeating-Direct In Screed Heating Cables is the most efficient and effective underfloor heating system that is available for installation within a property.
Not only does the FloorHeating-Direct Heating Cable remove the need for radiators, the Cable provides a natural storage heater, saving energy on your heating system and creating an efficient heating source distributing heat equally across the entire floor surface.
Every FloorHeating-Direct In Screed Heating Cable comes with VDE certification, when installed in conjunction with our Touch Control Thermostat. Full technical support is provided by our experienced UK technical assistance team so you can ensure you purchase the correct system, assist you during installation, and here to help with any issues following installation.
FloorHeating-Direct In Screed heating Cable kits contain everything you need to install the system, including a detailed colour instruction manual.
How to calculate the best system for you?
Calculating the correct In Screed Heating Cable system for your property is important, as you cannot shorten the cable if you have too much and must ensure you have enough. The correct system can be chosen by using a simple calculation;
- Pick the sufficient heat output you require. We recommend, in most properties for this to be 180w/m2, however in some high heat loss areas this can be adjusted to 200w/m2.
- Use the calculation below to work out cable wattage requiredCable Wattage = Room Measurements m2 x 180/200wm2.
ie. 10m2 x 180w = 1700w Cable.
In Screed Heating Cable
Touch Control Thermostat (if selected from options)
- Can be fitted within the flooring screed
- Can be used beneath any floor finish
- Suitable as a primary heat source
- The heating cable cannot be cut;
- Wall Expansion Strips are not included;
- For the best results we always recommend installing the cable on an insulated sub floor or thermal board;
- A Heat Loss calculation is always recommended to determine whether the system can be used as a primary heat source;
- We recommend that you check with your floor covering supplier for compatibility;
- The minimum installation thickness of the screed is 30mm excluding the floor finish or 65mm when laid directly onto insulation.
The Heavy Duty Heating Cable System is constructed for underfloor heating in concrete constructions.
- VDE Approved
- EMC-free 2-conductor cable
- Power supply cable 2.5 metres 3-core
- Unique blind connection between the heating and the connection cable
- Fully encased in an aluminium earthed sheath
- Chrome/Nickel resistance wire
- XLPE insulation
- PVC protective sheath
- 17 watt per meter capacity 230 Volt
- Cable diameter: 7 mm
- Produced and inspected in accordance with the the IEC standards
- NEMKO approved and CE standards within Europe
When installing the In Screed Cable System you can adjust the output by placing the cable spacing closer together.
To calculate the spacing required, a very simple calculation can be carried our;
Cable Spacing cm = (Laying area m2) x 100 / (Cable Length m)
Can you cut the mat?
Yes, you can cut the mat. The mat can be cut and shaped to fit in most rooms. You can also remove the mat, and use the cable
How wide is the mat?
The Mat is 50cm wide; the mat can be cut across the width to alter the shape
How do you test the mat?
You can check the mat by taking a resistance test using a standard multi-meter. The readings you should take are between the Live & Neutral, Live & Earth and Neutral & Earth
Can the mat be installed on a timber floor?
The subfloor must be secured before the underfloor heating mat is laid.
Can you put laminate flooring on top?
A laminate floor can be laid on the top, but a few rules must be adhered to.
1. A minimum 10mm latex self-leveller must be laid on the mat before the laminate is laid
2. Laminate flooring must be compatible with underfloor heating. Always check your laminate manufacturer before fitting.
3. You must limit the temperature to the maximum temperature allowed the laminate flooring manufacturer allows.
Can you plug the mat directly into the mains?
No, Underfloor heating mat must be controlled via a thermostat.
How many mats can I connect to one thermostat?
Our Touch Control Thermostat has a maximum capacity of 16 amps. You can connect two mats directly into the thermostat before a Contactor box is required.
What happens if I cut the mat cable?
We have a full technical backup available, and one of our engineers can assist you with fixing the system, in the very unlikely event that you will require it
Klima Underfloor Heating Systems
Whether heating up a tiled or wooden floor, demisting a mirror or defrosting pipes, Klima can offer you the perfect wet or electric heating solutions. As specialists in electrical heating, Klima has many years of experience in the development, maintenance and after sales/support of all kinds of electrical and water heating systems as part of many large retailers for many years.
Klima Underfloor Heating is part of the Magnum Group which is a major European manufacturer of Water & Electric Underfloor Heating systems, with its factory based in Holland and it’s UK Head Office based in Scotland. We only manufacture the highest quality products and all our systems come with the highest European Certifications meaning we can offer long realistic warranties on all our product range and a full comprehensive manufacturers support service. Klima has supplied some of the leading wholesales throughout the UK, last year we sold over 20,000 Klima mats. Here are some of the reasons why Klima is the best choice for your underfloor heating requirements.
Buying Klima Underfloor Heating Sytems.
- Quick easy ordering process by website or telephone.
- Directly supplied by the manufacturer ensuring the lowest prices and great service support.
- Highest European approvals and certifications on all products ensuring quality & reliability.
- Over 25 years of Manufacturing & Supplying Underfloor Heating Systems.
- UK based technical support service, along with a full CAD design service ensures your total support along the whole design/purchase/installation process.
- Fast free delivery anywhere in the UK mainland.
- 50 year Water Pipe warranty & Lifetime Warranty on Klima Electric Heating Mats.
- Grundfos A rated Pumps.