FloorHeating-Direct In Screed Heating Cables is the most efficient and effective underfloor heating system that is available for installation within a property.
Not only does the FloorHeating-Direct Heating Cable remove the need for radiators, the Cable provides a natural storage heater, saving energy on your heating system and creating an efficient heating source distributing heat equally across the entire floor surface.
Every FloorHeating-Direct In Screed Heating Cable comes with VDE certification, when installed in conjunction with our Touch Control Thermostat. Full technical support is provided by our experienced UK technical assistance team so you can ensure you purchase the correct system, assist you during installation, and here to help with any issues following installation.
FloorHeating-Direct In Screed heating Cable kits contain everything you need to install the system, including a detailed colour instruction manual.
How to calculate the best system for you?
Calculating the correct In Screed Heating Cable system for your property is important, as you cannot shorten the cable if you have too much and must ensure you have enough. The correct system can be chosen by using a simple calculation;
- Pick the sufficient heat output you require. We recommend, in most properties for this to be 180w/m2, however in some high heat loss areas this can be adjusted to 200w/m2.
- Use the calculation below to work out cable wattage requiredCable Wattage = Room Measurements m2 x 180/200wm2.
ie. 10m2 x 180w = 1700w Cable.
- In Screed Heating Cable
- Touch Control Thermostat (if selected from options)
- Conduit Pipe
- Spacer Strips
- Can be fitted within the flooring screed
- Can be used beneath any floor finish
- Suitable as a primary heat source
- The heating cable cannot be cut;
- Wall Expansion Strips are not included;
- For the best results we always recommend installing the cable on an insulated sub floor or thermal board;
- A Heat Loss calculation is always recommended to determine whether the system can be used as a primary heat source;
- We recommend that you check with your floor covering supplier for compatibility;
- The minimum installation thickness of the screed is 30mm excluding the floor finish or 65mm when laid directly onto insulation.