Connect Underfloor Heating to Electric Supply

How to Connect Underfloor Heating to Electric Supply is a question we are commonly asked, and we always recommend that any electric connections with any Underfloor Heating system whether water or Electric is carried out by a qualified electrician according to the electrical regulations that are in that country.

When you Connect Underfloor Heating to Electric Supply using Electric Underfloor Heating you have to take into account the size of amperage the system will pull so you can ensure you have a suitable amount of power making the electrical supply.  An example amperage of A Klima under tile heating mat at 150 watts per sqm (10sqm) is 6.5amps, therefore you should have to have a suitable supply from the mains to power this.  We also always recommend a dedicated RCD (residual current device) is fitted so that the system can be isolated and for extra protection.  When choosing an electric floor heating system it is advisable you look for what European certifications the system has and what level.  Most European electric underfloor heating systems such as the Klima brand which is manufactured by the Magnum underfloor heating group have a high level of certification which guarantees the robust safety and operation of the system and are fully earthed sheathed for extra protection.

Wet Underfloor heating systems normally have an electric connection to power the pumps and thermostats, but this normally does not exceed more than a couple of amps (we would recommend checking the individual system requirements).  In most cases to Connect Underfloor Heating to Electric Supply for any Underfloor heating system, the Electrician would take the connection supply back to the consumer board, although it may be possible taking a spur of the main ring main depending on the existing loading and what size of system you have.

It is important that for any Underfloor heating system that you have installed, and an electrician has commissioned the system is that you keep all paperwork and installation certification.  This paperwork may be required when selling the house or obtaining a completion certificate on new builds or extensions.
The cookie settings on this website are set to 'allow all cookies' to give you the very best experience. Please click Accept Cookies to continue to use the site.
You have successfully subscribed!
This email has been registered
Recently Viewed